Logan Hyperdome – Tanah Merah
BDB were approached by Energex to install 2600 metres of 6 x 125mm conduit run and install 11KV Feeder cables around the Logan Hyperdome Shopping Complex at Shailer Park. This project involved a degree of difficulty due to vehicle and pedestrian management, the need to maintain access to the shopping centre at all times and the location of existing services in close proximity to the proposed Energex works. After completing this project BDB were nominated for, and finalists in, the Energex Customer Care Awards for displaying very high levels of customer care during the construction of the network.
Pacific Motorway Stages 1 and 2 – Daisy Hill
BDB were appointed by Telstra to relocate their network so as to allow the upgrade of the Pacific Motorway in this area.
The work consisted of;
- Horizontal Directional Drilling of up to 7 x P100mm conduits,
- installation of approx 1200 metres of main conduit runs, including road crossings,
- providing concrete protection of existing network for approximately 200metres,
- installation of Telstra manholes (up to 6.5 tonne) & pits,
- hauling, jointing and cutting over of large and small size copper cables,
- hauling, splicing and commissioning of optic fibre and co-axial cables, and
- recovery and disposal of redundant plant.
The challenges on this project included; excessive inclement weather, extremely high traffic volumes, causing reduced work times and additional out of hours work so as to minimise the impact on the traffic flow, and the need to construct the new network in very close proximity to other existing services.
Albert River – Waterford - Tamborine Rd, Tamborine
BDB were approached by Telstra to relocate their fibre optic and copper networks off the existing road bridge as it was soon to be demolished. To do this we had to drill and install a P100 conduit under the Albert River for approximately 180 metres, move the existing network either side of the bridge, install large pits, haul approximately 5kms of optic fibre, haul the copper cable, joint, splice ands commission all cables. This job was completed to the satisfaction of all parties involved, in the shortest possible timeframe. During the investigation phase of this project, we were able to suggest changes and rationalisations to the supplied design, thereby saving our client approximately 50% of budgeted cost.
Paradise Point – Gold Coast
BDB were approached by Energex to construct a feeder upgrade in the Paradise Point area. Works included:
Installation of 3500 metres of both 9 and 6 x 125mm conduit run along main roads, suburban streets and through the edge of a wildlife park, installation of RMU foundations, and installation of 11KV Feeder cables.
The challenges associated with this project included:
- ground conditions, (loose sand) and some tidal flooding
- vehicle and pedestrian management,
- the location of existing services in close proximity to the proposed Energex works, and
- significant cultural heritage issues.